Major software release includes 14 enhancements from the handheld to the backend
WEST CHESTER, Pa., November 6, 2012 —MEI® has announced a major software release for its full-line EASITRAX Core product, which was previously called MEI EASITRAX. EASITRAX version 3.15 includes more than 14 new product features and 30 product improvements from the handheld to the back-end software including an improved user interface, wider integration with supporting platforms and greater audit control. Key new features include product/column summarization, Cash Meter auto population from DEX, and Windows 7 support. Details of these and other new features include:
Improved User Interface
- Product/Column selection– Drivers can now choose to service and fill a machine by column or product. This will save time at the machine because fewer data points need to be entered at the machine. Service time-savings will be greatest for glass front bottling machines.
- Dispatching screen filtering– The Dispatching screen can now filter service calls by Mechanic when the multi-warehouse feature is enabled. This option makes it easy to associate Calls to Mechanics and to Warehouse, providing greater field visibility for improved customer service.
- Multi-language invoicing– EASITRAX customers can request to receive invoices in French, Spanish and English.
Wider Integration With Supplier Platforms
- Intermec CN50 support – EASITRAX now supports the CN50, one of Intermec’s devices supporting the Windows Mobile 6.x platform, in addition to Motorola MC75a and Janam XM66, and Windows Mobile 6.x.
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 support – Now available in native mode.
Greater Audit Control
- Cash Meter auto-population from DEX – This feature saves drivers additional time at the machine and reduces keying errors that can affect cash accountability.
- Increased handheld capabilities – Drivers can now create route orders on their handheld. In addition, operators can set permissions by employee record to require a password to set route orders or prohibit them altogether.
“MEI’s product development team continually listens to our user community and has responded with this major EASITRAX Core software release,” said Don Finely, EASITRAX product manager at MEI. “We encourage customers to continue to engage with us about their field experiences through our Professional Services team, user group community, sales team, social media and the Web so that we can continue to provide timely and relevant product upgrades.”
To Upgrade to EASITRAX Core Version 3.15
Operators currently on EASITRAX Software Support can download the Core v3.15 release at no charge by contacting Support directly. Operators who are not on support and wish to reinstate maintenance in order to upgrade to this latest release can call 484.883.9796.
MEI, headquartered in West Chester, Pa., holds the world’s largest installed base of unattended payment systems, handling over two billion transactions per week in more than 100 countries. The company developed the first electronic coin mechanism in the 1960s, followed by the first electronic non-contact bill acceptor, and more recently its credit card capability and vending management solution. Recently, MEI reached a milestone of selling more than four million bill acceptors and five million coin mechanisms worldwide. Its products are in widespread use in the vending, soft drink, gaming, amusement, transport, retail, and kiosk markets. For more information on MEI and its products, visit www.meigroup.com or call 800-345-8215.